Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Topic Of The Day: Lupita Nyong'o Joins Star Wars VII

Hello, Bloggers, I am only a little late on this but I figured I would do a quick post where I could share my thoughts about one of the new casting choices for the upcoming Star Wars film. That is the announcement that the Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o will join. Here are my thoughts:

When it was announced that Nyong'o will officially join, I was very excited. I wasn't just happy because I think she is a brilliant talent, but because this is a great way to capitalize on her Oscar win. Starring in one of the most successful franchises to exist is pretty much having a guaranteed win on your filmography and that certainly helps in a business-driven town like Tinseltown. Also, the casting choice of Nyong'o could prove that black actresses that are darker than Halle Berry can make it big in a white-dominated industry. With all due respect to Halle Berry, actresses with much darker skin seem to have a harder time making it big in the mainstream. That could change with Lupita Nyong'o, even if she is put in a supporting role in Star Wars. I am personally rooting for Nyong'o to really prosper in this industry and hopefully this potential box office win will help her along the way. They also said that a younger version of Storm will appear in X-Men: Apocalypse and hopefully my dream choice of Lupita Nyong'o in the role will come to fruition.

It has also been announced that Gwendoline Christie from Game of Thrones will join. I haven't thought too highly of this choice only because I haven't seen her in Game of Thrones. But, she will be playing Commander Lyme in the upcoming Hunger Games sequel or sequels because it is being divided into two parts. I already know I will be seeing those. Plus, I'm sure this casting choice will persuade the huge Game of Thrones fanbase to come out and see it.

So, those are my quick thoughts on the casting choice of Lupita Nyong'o in the upcoming Star Wars sequel. If you agree or disagree, please feel free to comment. But if you disagree and make racist comments, I will immediately try and disable the comments section. So, if you disagree, please be courteous. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment