Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Requested Review #1: World War Z


                              
                               Proof That We Still Live In A 'World' Of Good Movies

Hello Bloggers, I have just came up with a new segment of reviews known as Requested Reviews, which are of course reviews of films that whatever people request me to review, so if any of you have any requests, I am willing to take them. So, for my first Requested Review, I will do a film that my buddy Chris asked me to see, and that is World War Z starring Brad Pitt.

                   Story:
             World War Z is about a man named Gerry Lane (Pitt) who formerly worked for the U.N. and is called back to work for them when Earth is hit with a zombie apocalypse. In order for his family to stay in a U.S. Navy vessel for shelter, Gerry must go around the world to try and find a vaccine for the zombie virus.

                  What I Liked About It:
             One thing that I absolutely loved about the film was how it was a nice blend of both action and horror. The action scenes in this film are absolutely thrilling and the scary scenes are actually very scary. To me, the scariest scene was when Gerry is in Jerusalem and a lot of the people that are singing and clapping attract the zombies that start climbing on the wall that separates the city from the outside world. Plus, the fact that the zombies were fast adds to the scare factor, and even though the movie is PG-13 and it's rare when we see a serious zombie film that is PG-13 nowadays because their is usually scenes of bloody carnage and graphic violence, the rating of this film definitely doesn't take away anything from the film.

            I thought Brad Pitt was really good as always, and quite honestly, I'm glad that he did a movie like this because many stars as big as he is usually don't enter this type of film territory, so I'm glad he decided to do this. But one actress that I'd like to talk about is Daniella Kertesz, who plays Segen, an Israeli military soldier that Gerry meets in Jerusalem. Even though she had a small supporting role, hardly had any dialogue, and (SPOILER ALERT) her character's arm gets cut off, she still acts badass and leaves a big impression. Additionally, I liked the opening theme song by the band Muse. That was pretty neat.

                What I Didn't Liked About It:
            While I did enjoy the film as a whole, the story is a little formulaic and the ending was inventive yet somewhat predictable,  but I can easily get past that as the film is made for pure entertainment and is not a movie where you really have to analyze the story's meanings or anything like that.

               Consensus:            
           World War Z is an action-packed, yet intensely scary film that will leave you on the edge of your seat. It may be something we've seen before, but it shouldn't turn you away from seeing it as it's serves its purpose of being a fun summer ride.

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment