Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Requested Review #2: South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut (1999)

                                      
                                    'South Park': Bigger, Longer, and Hilarious

Hello, Bloggers, here is another requested review and another from my buddy Chris. This one is a mix of both a Requested Review and a Retro Review, and that is for South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut.

           Now, South Park is one of favorite shows on television, and while I was a fan of the show before I saw South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, after I saw South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, my interest in South Park really started to increase and I still watch it to this day.

            Story:
         South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut is about the show's four main characters: Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny, and how they deal with the town's parents and the United States raging war against Canada after the four of them have been exposed to an R-rated movie.

            What I Liked About It:
       First off, because I am a huge South Park fan, I love how this movie gives the fans of the show what they would expect, which includes offbeat and often grossout humor and plenty of cussing. It even throws in several musical numbers that'll even get laughs out of people that don't like musicals. Plus, like all the episodes the of the TV show, the film's plot is satirical, except the plot for this movie deals with children being exposed to vulgarity in R-rated films. It's movies like this that really help me understand the sarcastic nature of satire.


            What I Didn't Like About It:
         Nothing.

            Consensus:
         Overall, South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut is a hilarious film adaptation of one of my favorite shows and delivers everything that South Park fans would expect and it may even entertain people that haven't even watched the show, but love the special brand of humor that the show has.

Rating: 4/5


    

No comments:

Post a Comment