Friday, January 1, 2016

Top 10 Most Anticipated Films of 2016

2015 is over! But as I make more lists celebrating 2015 in film, now, I'll share my list of my top 10 most anticipated films of 2016. Let's take a look:


10. Money Monster: While it does have a starry cast with George Clooney and Julia Roberts and is even directed by Jodie Foster, I'm really excited for this because it's got Jack O'Connell. I have such high hopes that this'll be the mainstream project that'll get more people to know his name.


9. La La Land: This project has a lot of promise for a few reasons. One is that Whiplash director Damien Chazelle is at the helm and it stars Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Rosemarie DeWitt, and J.K. Simmons. Also, it is a musical and I'm pretty excited to hear Emma Stone show off her pipes.


8. The Huntsman: Winter's War: Even if this one is a cash-grab prequel/sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman, Why am I so excited for this? Its trinity of actresses, Charlize Theron, Emily Blunt, and Jessica Chastain. Watching these three actresses eat up the scenery? Sign me up.


7. The Witch: This one made its premiere at last year's Sundance and Toronto Film Festival. But it's finally scaring its way into theaters and as people make their claims that the trailer is the scariest ever, here's hoping the movie lives up to its scares.


6. Ghostbusters: I am a big fan of the original Ghostbusters and I think the reboot shows a lot of promise because of its main cast: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones. Also, they have the main cast making cameo appearances. That makes this even more exciting.


5. X-Men: Apocalypse: I have always loved X-Men. So I kind of have to see this. I will admit, though, I don’t like how Jennifer Lawrence isn't in her blue makeup as Mystique becaus e that is what makes the character so distinguished. But that shouldn't change how I feel about seeing this.


4. Hail, Caesar!: It's the cast. Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Ralph Fiennes, Scarlett Johansson, Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Frances McDormand, and Tilda Swinton. Sold!


3. Suicide Squad: Agh, I am so excited about this one! We finally get to see Harley Quinn on the big screen brought to life on the big screen and we also get to see a new kind of superhero team. An anti-superhero team. Also, Jared Leto looks like he's going to kill it as the Joker.


2. Zootopia: Even when I saw the teaser trailer, I was sold pretty quickly. One reason is the voice work by Jason Bateman and another is how inventive this looks with talking animals living in their own world. The rest of the voice cast looks more promising: Ginnifer Goodwin, J.K. Simmons, Idris Elba, Jenny Slate, Shakira, Alan Tudyk, etc.. Thankfully, I don’t have to wait too long for this to come out as it comes out in March.


1. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: More Star Wars! Another reason I am super stoked for this is not just because we get more Star Wars after just getting The Force Awakens, but Ben Mendelsohn, the best character actor currently working today, is starring in it. If he has a big role, then more people will know his name and..agh, I cannot wait for that to happen! I have high hopes for this and for Ben Mendelsohn's name to be on the tip of everyone's tongue.

So those are my top 10 most anticipated films of the year. Please feel free to write your own top 10 in the comments section and here's to a great 2016. Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment