Monday, January 11, 2016

Topic Of The Day: The Day I Might've Gotten Over Jennifer Lawrence

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Topic Of The Day. For today's topic, I figured I'd share some more Golden Globe news that really struck me and I wanted to discuss.

After Jennifer Lawrence won her Golden Globe for Best Actress- Musical Or Comedy and talked to the press, she saw a foreign reporter looking at his phone and called him out on it. Here's the link to it:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/01/11/jennifer-lawrence-calls-out-reporter-for-using-his-phone/

Now what bugs me so much about what Lawrence did is that it really wasn't her place to call him out on using his phone. Even if he was taking a picture checking Facebook or whatever, she still had no right to humiliate him like that because it not only makes him look bad, but it makes her look rather condescending. Also, since it is recorded, it's up in the Internet forever.

Let me compare her to someone like Tom Hardy. Tom Hardy did a press conference for Legend at the Toronto Film Festival and a reporter asked him about his sexuality. Hardy kind of scolded him for it, but that was mainly because it wasn't the right time and place for it and something like that is a private matter. Now before anyone gets all defensive, I'm not saying I take Hardy's side over Lawrence's because he's a male like me. I'm just saying Hardy may have been harsh, but unlike Lawrence, it was not to be a bully or be condescending.

Now, I don't care how big of a star she is. I don't care if she was in a bad mood or hates doing press. Just suck it up and do your job to answer the question while the reporters do theirs. Regardless of what the reporter was doing on his phone, it was not her place to scold him for it. At this point, with how overexposed she is, I'm slowly getting over her.

So, those are my thoughts on this incident. Whether you agree or disagree, please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment