Saturday, February 14, 2015

Trailer Talk #25: Hot Pursuit, Trainwreck, Aloha, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., Poltergeist, Terminator: Genisys

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk where I give a quick look at trailers for upcoming movies and say whether or not I will see them in theaters, at home, or at all. Let's take a look:


Hot Pursuit: First up is the trailer for Hot Pursuit starring Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara. While I am a Reese Witherspoon fan and I love how she has turned her career around, this is an interesting next step for her as while she has been known for doing comedies, not necessarily these types. But she and Sofia Vergara seem to make an interesting pair and this could be another Heat. Will I see it? Probably not in theaters. But, I do hope to see it.


Trainwreck: Next is the trailer for the upcoming Judd Apatow comedy Trainwreck. This one looks like it has great potential, thanks to the talents of Amy Schumer, as well as the ensemble that includes Bill Hader, Brie Larson, and the always-reliable Tilda Swinton. I do hope to see this one in theaters.


Aloha: Next is the trailer for Aloha starring Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone. Normally, I don't really care for romantic comedies, but if there is one director that can get me to watch one, it is Cameron Crowe, who gave us Jerry Maguire, as well as my favorite movie Almost Famous. With him at the helm, as well as the ensemble (Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Bill Murray, John Krasinski), how can I say no?


The Man from U.N.C.L.E: Next is the trailer for The Man From U.N.C.L.E starring Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer. Even tnough this looks like a film that might give James Bond a small craving before Spectre comes out later this year, this one has a lot of promise. I do like Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer and I am certainly hoping Hammer can recover after the colossal box office failure The Lone Ranger. But this one looks more light-hearted than Bond and I do love the 60's setting. I'll probably watch this in theaters.


Poltergeist: Next is the trailer for the upcoming horror remake Poltergeist. Three words to describe whether I will see this: No, No, and......yeah, No. This does not look like it has the same feel as the original and it saddens me that as we are being introduced to more original concepts in the horror genre, like The Babadook, we are still being saddled with cash-grab remakes. Just. No.


Terminator: Genisys: Lastly is the trailer for Terminator: Genisys. I'll admit that I was never the biggest fan of the series even though I haven't seen the first one (don't tell anybody), but I do love the second one. This one, however, might have me looking elsewhere in the showtimes for my local movie theater. I mean, since Arnold Schwarzenegger is back, they could've easily called it Terminator: Geriatric. I don't fully get the reason behind this sequel/reboot/whatever it is, but I have no ambition to see it.

Final Ratings:

Hot Pursuit: Rental
Trainwreck: More Than Likely
Aloha: Gotta See It!
The Man From U.N.C.L.E: More Than Likely
Poltergeist: NO!
Terminator: Genisys: NO!

So those are my thoughts on the trailers for the upcoming films. If you have seen these, please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section on whether you plan to see these films in theaters. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment