Saturday, February 21, 2015

Oscars 2015: Independent Spirit Awards Winners Reactions

Hello, Bloggers, the Independent Spirit Awards just aired and here are my quick thoughts on the winners. Here we go:

Best Feature Film: Birdman
I'll admit that this was a semi-surprise because since the Spirit Awards air on the IFC Channel and Boyhood was made by IFC Films, I figured that it would take it. But I love this win!

Best Director: Richard Linklater, Boyhood
Not too surprising, but I still love this win. If I had an Oscar ballot, Linklater would get my vote.

Best Lead Male: Michael Keaton, Birdman
Get that Oscar, Mikey! Take what is rightfully yours!

Best Lead Female: Julianne Moore, Still Alice
Looks like Moore gets to finally take what is rightfully hers.

Best Supporting Male: J.K. Simmons, Whiplash
Quite my tempo!

Best Supporting Female: Patricia Arquette, Boyhood
Glad she's likely to win.

Best Screenplay: Nightcrawler
Very good script.

Best Cinematography: Birdman
Of course.

Best Editing: Whiplash
Tight race between this and Boyhood. These are two of the best edited movies of the year, so it's hard to decide.

Best First Feature: Nightcrawler
Nice win.

Best First Screenplay: Dear White People
Still got to see this.

John Cassavetes Award: Land Ho!
Pretty neat that the only one in this category I have seen won.

Best Foreign Film: Ida
I am loving this award show!

Best Documentary: Citizenfour
I guess I have to watch this.

Robert Altman Award: Inherent Vice
Of course. Even the actors with about one or two scenes still make the most of it.

Special Distinction Award: Foxcatcher
I'm assuming it is for the main trio. If so, then I can certainly see why.

Overall, I was very pleased with the winners. Even if some pf them weren't surprising, I was still pleased with them nevertheless. If you have seen them, please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section. Tomorrow night is the big show and I will be live tweeting throughout the ceremony. My Twitter name is @FilmGuy619. Until the big show, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment