Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Trailer Talk #24: Ted 2, Minions, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man, Far From The Madding Crowd, Insidious: Chapter 3

Hello, Bloggers, for the first time in quite a while, I have done a new episode of Trailer Talk where I give a quick look at trailers for upcoming movies and say whether or not I will see them in theaters, at home, or at all. Let's take a look:


Ted 2: First up is the trailer for the upcoming sequel Ted 2. Now, I loved the first film and while I have a feeling this sequel may not measure up to the first one, it still might get a few laughs out of me. We won't be seeing much of Mila Kunis, but we still have the dynamic duo of Mark Wahlberg and Ted. I might end up seeing this one in theaters.


Minions: Next is the trailer for the upcoming spinoff of the Despicable Me series known as Minions. Before I watched this trailer, I actually didn't have much expectations, but what has me sold after watching it is without a doubt Sandra Bullock as Scarlett Overkill. She rarely ever does voice work and it looks like she is doing a hilarious job in this. I might check it out for her.


Fantastic Four: Next is the upcoming superhero reboot Fantastic Four. While I am quite fond of Marvel and the source material, I had zero expectations watching the trailer for this. One reason is I was unsure what direction they would go in with the younger casting. But now that I have seen the trailer, my expectations were surpassed. I may have gotten Christopher Nolan vibes, but it may actually have potential to surpass the original Fantastic Four films. Whether I see it in theaters depends on the next trailers to come out.


Ant-Man: Next is the upcoming Marvel adaptation finally making its way to the big screen: Ant-Man. This is one I am super excited for. One reason is without a doubt Paul Rudd. I love Paul Rudd as an actor and I am quite excited to see him do a superhero film that will hopefully give him the audience exposure he really deserves. I am definitely seeing this in theaters and I do hope it ends up being this year's Guardians of the Galaxy. 


Far From The Madding Crowd: Next is the upcoming period piece adaptation of Far From The Madding Crowd. Although I never read the book it is based on or the original 60's film starring Julie Christie, I am actually pretty excited about this. That could be due to Carey Mulligan. I have enjoyed her work in Drive and especially Shame and I feel that she will especially deliver in this. Plus, I loved her cover of the song "Let No Man Steal Your Thyme" by Pentangle played in the trailer. Whether I see it in the trailer remains to be seen, but I will see it in the future.


Insidious: Chapter 3: Lastly is the second sequel on this post, Insidious: Chapter 3. I'll admit that I wasn't over the moon about the first film and I didn't even see the second. But this trailer had me cringing in my seat. Holy Toledo, does this look scary! Not to mention the cover of "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" might even be scarier than the original which says a lot because I get uneasy listening to the original. I don't know if I'll end up seeing it in theaters, but I do hope to see it eventually.

Final Ratings:

Ted 2: More Than Likely
Minions: Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
Fantastic Four: Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
Ant-Man: Gotta See It!
Far From The Madding Crowd: Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
Insidious: Chapter 3

No comments:

Post a Comment