Thursday, June 2, 2016

Brie Larson Is Reportedly In Talks To Play Captain Marvel


It looks like the wait for who will be playing Captain Marvel might be finally over. Sources tell Variety magazine that Brie Larson is apparently closing in on a deal to play Captain Marvel. To me, that is amazing casting and I'll explain why.

First off, I am a huge Brie Larson fan. I was a fan even before her awards run with Room and I'm thrilled that she's entering a new phase in her career as a leading lady with films like Room, The Glass Castle, Kong: Skull Island and now potentially Captain Marvel. Larson joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe will certainly allow more mainstream audiences to really see just how talented she is.

Also, because she's 26, that means she'll likely be able to stick around for plenty of movies. But I'm sure she'll be able to do films outside of Marvel. Look at Scarlett Johansson who carried Lucy to a strong debut while venturing into smaller films like Don Jon, Her, and Under The Skin.

If you look at my list of actresses who should play Captain Marvel, you'll see that she was one of my choices for the role and that makes this choice even more exciting.

Although, I'll be honest and say that it was still a choice I sort of saw coming. For a while after her Oscar win, she didn't have any deals announced so I figured that she was in negotiations for something big and Marvel hadn’t yet announced who was going to play Captain Marvel. But it looks like we finally have our answer.

What do you guys think? Do you think Brie Larson will make an amazing Captain Marvel? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment