Thursday, May 19, 2016

Topic Of The Day: Who Can Be The Next James Bond?

So it has been reported that Daniel Craig has decided to retire from playing James Bond for good. Honestly, if he is going to have a bit of a 'tude about not coming back, then he can go. Fine by me. But if he is officially done, who should play the character next?


Now one actor who has become a serious fan favorite, especially thanks to his work on AMC's The Night Manager, is Tom Hiddleston. He'd be an ideal and perfect choice but the reason I wouldn't make him my first choice is because...duh. Like I said, he'd be terrific yet still a bit too obvious. Same with Henry Cavill. I would also go with Michael Fassbender but he'd be a bit too busy. He's already Magneto and involved in both Assassin's Creed and Alien while squeezing in indies in between. So he'd likely say no.

One name I'd be perfectly game for is Idris Elba. One reason is that it would diversify the character and he's already proven he can look snazzy in a tux while also being one hell of an actor. He did just happen to win two individual SAG awards the same year.


Another person I would put high on my list is Jack O'Connell. One reason is because I am a massive fan of his and while he's only 25, he's still about 6 years younger than Sean Connery was when he did the first Bond movie. Plus, his young age would allow him to stick around for a while. On the surface, he doesn't possess the suaveness of Hiddleston or Cavill and while he is a very handsome man, he is not as traditionally handsome as those two. Yet because of that, he should still be cast in the role. I would love to see the character get some kind of reinvention whether they cast a black actor like Elba or have O'Connell give us a much gruffer James Bond.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with my personal choices and what do you think of the fan favorites like Tom Hiddleston for the role? Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment