Monday, May 9, 2016

Topic Of The Day: Alden Ehrenreich Cast As Han Solo


I'm a little late on this. But it looks like Alden Ehrenreich is officially our new Han Solo in the upcoming prequel and I'm here to share my thoughts on the announcement.

I..have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I think he's a great actor. He was one of the best things about Hail, Caesar!. But after doing some reflection over the Han Solo prequel, I now realize that..there is really no reason for a prequel.

I mean, I'll probably still see it because it's Star Wars. But by casting somebody who looks little like Harrison Ford in a prequel to Han Solo even though Ford had to have been pretty young when he did the first Star Wars, I wonder whether we really needed a prequel to begin with. If they want to come up with spinoffs within the realm of the Star Wars universe, that is perfectly okay. But I'm not sure revisiting Han Solo is the absolute best way to go. Even when Harrison Ford appeared on Ellen to promote the DVD release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, you could probably tell he thinks this prequel is not the greatest idea. I mean, let's not kid ourselves, Harrison Ford IS Han Solo.

So I am completely on the fence on the casting and the film in general. I'd be curious to hear what you guys think. Please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment