Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Final Trailer: My Thoughts

Hello, Bloggers, the final trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens has finally arrived. I had to push myself to watch the first half of the Giants-Eagles game to get to the trailer and I was up for quite a few hours to get my ticket for Opening Day. But I have my ticket and the final trailer is here. Here are my thoughts:


Wow! What a trailer this was. The thing that I absolutely loved about it the most, though, is that we got to see a lot of Han Solo. While I think Luke and Leia are cool, Han Solo is the s*it! He is my favorite character in the series and major kudos to Harrison Ford for being game to not only coming back to the role, but playing a potentially big part in the sequel.

I also loved the last shot of the main villain, Kylo Ren, and Finn, played by John Boyega engaging in a lightsaber duel. I'm thrilled that John Boyega is even in this. When I saw him in Attack The Block, I knew that this kid was going to be huge and he certainly will be after this movie. I also think that Kylo Ren's lightsaber, that is designed like a cross, is pretty cool.

While we didn't get to see much of R2-D2 or C-3P0 in this trailer, I'm sure they'll get a good chunk of screen time. We didn't get to see Lupita Nyong'o, or the motion capture character is she playing, in the trailer either. But I am curious as to how big of a role she will have and am hoping that her talent isn't wasted. Especially considering she is an Oscar winner.

I'm also quite confident that the film will have awesome action sequences. The aforementioned lightsaber duel between Kylo Ren and Finn at the very end shows a lot of promise. I'm still VERY excited about the film as a whole and I look forward to potentially covering Star Wars up until the film finally gets released in December.

So those are my quick thoughts on the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Please feel free to write your own thoughts in the comments section on whether you think it looks promising or not. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment