Thursday, August 20, 2015

Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of Fall/Winter 2015

Hello, Bloggers, since we are already getting close to the end of the year, I have created a new top 10 list of my most anticipated movies for the rest of the year. Let's take a look:


10. The Hateful Eight: I was a big fan of Tarantino's last film Django Unchained so I'm pretty pumped for this one. I like the way it looks and I love the talent in front of the camera. Still crossing my fingers it does wonders for Jennifer Jason Leigh's career. But we'll see if it can match or surpass the brilliance of Django Unchained. 


9. Sicario: Ever since her banner year in 2014, I have become an instant mega fan of Emily Blunt. She is consistently making interesting film choices and this film, like Edge of Tomorrow, might be more proof of why she should play Captain Marvel. She also has great talent surrounding her, like director Denis Villeneuve as well as co-stars Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro.


8. Spectre: I love Daniel Craig's portrayal of James Bond and not only does this seem like it could be as deep and intellectual as Skyfall, but I love how this time around it has Hoyte von Hoytema, who filmed Her, Interstellar, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, doing the cinematography. Plus, we have Christoph Waltz as the villain and Lea Seydoux as the latest Bond girl.


7. Black Mass: While Johnny Depp has been hit and miss lately in terms of his career choices and box office track record, the fact that he doesn't seem to be playing Jack Sparrow here gives me hope that he'll try and win back our respect. Also, That. Cast. Holy toledo! Yeah, with that cast and the whole Goodfellas vibe, this one's going to be good!


6. Crimson Peak: I am a huge fan of director Guillermo Del Toro and think that he tends to bring something special to the horror and fantasy genre with almost each film he does. Here, he might be bringing something special to the old style Gothic horror genre. Also, while I really like Mia Wasikowska and Tom Hiddleston. I think Jessica Chastain is going to SLAY it as the villainous Lady Sharpe!


5. Steve Jobs: Out of all the biopics coming out this awards season, this is one of a few I am most excited for because of one reason: Michael. Fassbender. as Steve Jobs. He is the best actor working today and he looks like he is going to nail his role and Aaron Sorkin's rapid fire dialogue. I also love seeing Kate Winslet getting a juicy role as Steve Jobs' assistant/confidante Joanna Hoffman. This one might be good!


4. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part II: I am a huge fan of the books and while I wasn't crazy about the third book and think it only exists to provide closure, here is hoping that the final film becomes a powerful swan song to the film series. Fingers crossed.


3. The Revenant: I am stoked for this one! You got Birdman's Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu at the helm, Emmanuel "Chivo" Lubezki as cinematographer, and an amazing cast that includes Tom Hardy and last and certainly not least...DiCaprio!! Could. This. Be. His Year. For Oscar? Will the Poor Leo meme be obsolete? Not sure as of now, but I will certainly wait until the film comes out.


2. Carol: The minute the trailer was over, as I said in my review of it, I was like...WOW!! The cinematography, the song "Foolish Heart" that fits perfectly with the story, the costumes, Rooney Mara's Audrey-esque elegance, and Queen Cate Blanchett being....well, Queen Cate Blanchett!!! Simply, perfection!



1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens: "Chewie, we're home!"


No further words needed.

So that is my list of my most anticipated movies for the rest of the year. Please feel free to share your own top 10 list in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment