Friday, August 21, 2015

2011 Film Guy Awards Update

Hello, Bloggers, I recently made some small updates to my 2011 Film Guy Awards. While in my Best Actress and Supporting Actress categories, the nominees remain the same, while I was reflecting on the people I originally picked as the winners, I also thought of their competition and decided to go in a different direction. As wonderful as Kim Wayans was in Pariah, after reflecting on her master class rendition of 'New York, New York', I ultimately feel that Carey Mulligan was worthy of a win for Best Supporting Actress for that scene alone. Although if you ask me on a different day, my Best Actress winner could change, I now pick Charlize Theron as my current winner.


Best Actress:
Olivia Colman, Tyrannosaur
Kirsten Dunst, Melancholia
Elizabeth Olsen, Martha Marcy May Marlene
Tilda Swinton, We Need To Talk About Kevin
Charlize Theron, Young Adult*

Best Supporting Actress:
Jessica Chastain, Tree of Life
Melanie Laurent, Beginners
Melissa McCarthy, Bridesmaids
Carey Mulligan, Shame*
Kim Wayans, Pariah



Like my other ballots, I will potentially update it again in the future. To see my updated ballot, click on the link above.


No comments:

Post a Comment