Monday, August 17, 2015

Oscar Watch: Carol (2015)

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another part of my Oscar Watch where I discuss trailers for upcoming Oscar contenders. They finally released a teaser for what is perhaps one of my more anticipated Oscar contenders, Carol starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara.


All I have to say about this teaser is, Wow! I love the costumes, the cinematography, the song that plays over the trailer, the acting from Rooney Mara and last and certainly not least, Cate the Great! I was a huge fan of Far From Heaven from director Todd Haynes so I am quite ecstatic about this one. This teaser does give me vibes of Far From Heaven and I love that!

I would expect Cate Blanchett's name to be on the Best Actress lineup and Rooney Mara, who won Best Actress at Cannes for her work in this, to potentially be in Supporting since Blanchett is the bigger name and so that her and Blanchett don't have to compete against each other. I'm also crossing my fingers for Todd Haynes to get recognized in Best Director. This one looks like it'll be something special.

So those are my thoughts on the teaser for Carol. Whether you agree or disagree on whether you think it looks like a legitimate awards conteder and if it just looks like a good film, please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment