Friday, July 3, 2015

Trailer Talk #29: Creed, Snowden, Secret In Their Eyes, Sicario, Lila and Eve, Z for Zachariah

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk where I give a quick look at trailers for upcoming movies and say whether or not I will see them in theaters, at home, or at all. Let's take a look:


Creed: First up is the trailer for the upcoming Rocky spinoff Creed starring Michael B. Jordan. Now, I was pretty fond of the first Rocky and judging by the trailer for this, it looks like they are modernizing the old story by incorporating the old story but for this time period. But with this and the upcoming Fantastic Four, it looks like Michael B. Jordan is going to truly have the breakthrough he has been on the verge of. Will I see Creed in theaters, though? Maybe. It's not on my to do list, but if it gets any buzz, I'll check it out.


Snowden: Next up is the teaser trailer for Snowden starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. This teaser is shrouded in mystery, yet I love it. I like the cover of "This Little Light Of Mine (I'm Gonna Let It Shine)" and I liked how they gave an overview of Edward Snowden's background by saying how he was an army recruit at 20 and then such and such. I think this does what every teaser should do. Get you intrigued and wanting to know more and I would love to see more. If it gets any awards traction, I'll likely check it out.


Secret In Their Eyes: Next is the trailer for Secret In Their Eyes starring Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman, and Chiwetel Ejiofor. I never saw the original Oscar-winning foreign film that this one was based on, but something tells me that I would prefer to watch the original. This one almost looks like it was made for TV, but it seems like an interesting showcase for Julia Roberts. It does have me concerned for Nicole Kidman, though, because that woman deserves a comeback and this doesn't look like the film that will give it to her. I think I might pass.


Sicario: Next is the trailer for Sicario starring Emily Blunt. After watching the trailer for this and seeing Edge of Tomorrow, I'm starting to speculate as to whether Blunt is creating her audition tape for Captain Marvel or at least a superhero movie (that I still think she rightly deserves). This film, however, looks very promising. I am a huge Emily Blunt fan and it also stars both Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro, who are both excellent. Plus, Denis Villeneuve, who did Prisoners, is directing. So it has plenty of promise.


Lila and Eve: Next is the trailer for Lila and Eve starring Viola Davis and Jennifer Lopez. Not only do I think this looks like a TV movie, but it feels very Lifetime-y. But to the credit of the actresses, Viola Davis looks like she is doing amazing as always and I give J.Lo points for trying to turn things around for her career by going with smaller scale films. But this might be another case of good actresses stuck in a film beneath their talent. So, no thanks.


Z for Zachariah: Lastly is the trailer for Z for Zachariah starring Chris Pine, Margot Robbie, and Chiwetel Ejiofor. Normally, I do like post-apocalyptic movies and this one looks very interesting, showing how being alone in the world with one or a few other people can make you perhaps go insane. I also think the cast looks like they are doing a fine job especially Chris Pine, who appears very enigmatic in his role. Will I see this in theaters, though? Not sure. I mean, it looks promising. But who knows if it'll be released near me. If not, I'll wait for DVD.

So here are my final ratings on each trailer:
5- Gotta See It!
4- More Than Likely
3- Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
2- Rental
1- NO!

Creed- Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
Snowden- More Than Likely
Secret In Their Eyes- NO!
Sicario- More Than Likely
Lila and Eve- NO!
Z for Zachariah- Rental

So those are my thoughts on each trailer. If you have seen any of these previews, please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section on whether or not you plan on seeing them. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment