Friday, July 17, 2015

Oscar Watch: The Revenant (2015)

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another special edition of Trailer Talk. Like with my reviews for the trailers for Brooklyn and Joy, I will continue my Oscar watch and review trailers for upcoming contenders. For this post, I will discuss Alejandro Gonzalez Innaritu's The Revenant.


Now when I first heard about this one, I was pretty pumped. I loved Innaritu's last film, the recent Best Picture winner Birdman and I am a huge fan of the main stars, Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy. But after watching this trailer, it is safe to say that I will be keeping this film on my predictions list. It looks amazing! I love how the cinematographer Emmanuel "Chivo" Lubezki uses natural lighting and I also like the use of the ominous music. Westerns have seen success at the Oscars, like Unforgiven, Dances With Wolves, and Django Unchained. So that could be a good omen for this film if lightning is able to strike twice for Alejandro G. Innaritu who is fresh off of winning three Oscars (producing, directing, winning) for Birdman. But could this be the one that gets Leo's name called on the Oscar stage? We shall see.

So overall, I am really excited for this and I still feel it is a viable Oscar contender. If you have seen the trailer, please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section about whether you look forward to this or think it'll be an awards player. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment