Thursday, July 30, 2015

Oscar Watch: Room (2015)

Hello, Bloggers, here is another trailer that was just released as part of my Oscar Watch. It is for a film that was just given an awards season release date known as Room.


Room is based on a 2010 novel by Emma Donoughe about a child and his mother (Brie Larson) who are confined in a 10 by 10 room, which is the only world the boy has ever known. But he and his mother decide to escape the tight space they are confined in.

Due to Brie Larson's involvement, this film had me pretty intrigued. But after finally seeing a trailer, I am very enticed into seeing this. At first, the trailer had a very chilling and ambiguous tone, then became more serene with Larson singing "Big Rock Candy Mountains" in the background as the mother and child escape the room. It had me wondering, "What happens now that they've left" and I love that it left me wanting more.

The film is distributed by A24 Films (Ex Machina, Obvious Child, Under The Skin) and is directed by Lenny Abrahamson, who directed last year's Frank starring Michael Fassbender. It not only stars Brie Larson, but co-stars "Oscar club" members William H. Macy and Joan Allen. It'll be given a limited release date on October 16th, then expand nationwide November 6th.

Brie Larson is somebody that has been on the fringes of a breakthrough and with this and the sleeper hit Trainwreck out the same year, as well as her landing the female lead in Kong: Skull Island, Oscar could shine a light on this young, on the rise talent. When I update my Oscar predictions, I will have her as a dark horse for Best Actress.

So those are my thoughts on the trailer. Please feel free to write your own thoughts in the comments section and whether you think it looks like an awards player. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment