Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Trailer Talk #27: Inside Out, Jem and the Holograms, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Ricki and the Flash, Pixels

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk. After having seen Pitch Perfect 2, I have also seen plenty of new previews that I will review for you folks. Here we go:


Inside Out: First up is the trailer for the Pixar film Inside Out. After taking a year long break, it looks like they might return with another hit on their hands. I think this looks very inventive and pretty funny. Even the voice cast (Amy Poehler, Phyllis Smith, Bill Hader, Mindy Kaling, etc.) is an added bonus. I might see this one in theaters and I usually don't see animated films in theaters.


Jem and the Holograms: Next is the film adaptation of Jen and the Holograms. Now, I am not overly familiar with the animated series and toy line the film is based on. But after seeing the trailer, I'll put it this way: It doesn't make me want to watch reruns of the series. It looks incredibly cliched and...yeah, just no.


Me and Earl and the Dying Girl: Next is the trailer for the Sundance hit Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. Now, when I first heard about this film and when it won Best Film at Sundance, I wasn't sure if it would really reach out at me so to speak. That is until I finally saw the trailer. This one looks very good and I even love how it deals with a teen who likes to recreate classic movies. I think that's pretty nice. If it plays anywhere near me, I'll likely check it out.


Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation: Next is the latest sequel Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. Now, I have only seen the fourth Mission Impossible, so I am not overly familiar with the franchise. But judging by the fourth film and by the trailer for this, the franchise seems like one of those where you don't have to catch with the others to see the latest. Anyways, this one looks like it'll deliver the typical goods of car crashes, the famous theme song, and Tom Cruise and crew kicking butt. I may check it out, but we'll see.


Ricki and the Flash: Next is the trailer for Ricki and the Flash starring Meryl Streep. Before the trailer came out, there was already talk of her getting a 20th Oscar nod because a. She's Meryl and b. the colorful nature of the role with her playing and looking like a rock star. But after seeing the trailer, however, I don't think that 20th nomination is coming anytime soon. It looks sort of Lifetime-y and when watching the preview, I feel like I've seen the movie which is hardly a good sign. Even if I were to see it, I certainly wouldn't pay to see it.


Pixels: No. Just.......NO. When I watched the trailer for this online, I literally fainted. No way, no how am I seeing this.

Final ratings on these trailers:

5- Gotta See It!
4- More Than Likely
3- Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
2- Rental
1- NO!

Inside Out- More Than Likely
Jem and the Holograms- NO!
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl- More Than Likely
Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation- Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
Ricki and the Flash- Rental
Pixels- Big Fat NO!

So, those are my thoughts on the following trailers. If you have seen them, please feel free to write whether you will see these films in the comments section. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment