Saturday, May 2, 2015

Trailer Talk #26: Black Mass, Irrational Man, Southpaw, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Spy, Batman v. Superman- Dawn of Justice

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk, where I discuss the trailers for six upcoming films and decide whether I will check them out or not. Here we go:


Black Mass: First up is the trailer for Black Mass starring Johnny Depp. Now, judging by the trailer and Depp's performance, I get a small sense this could give Depp's career a bit of a resurgence after a string of flops. While he is traditionally laced in makeup, he still doesn't seem to be giving the eccentric Jack Sparrow or Tim Burton performance, which might be a good sign. The film also stars Kevin Bacon, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Joel Edgerton. So, that's a plus. I might check it out in theaters.


Irrational Man: Next is the trailer for Woody Allen's latest Irrational Man starring Emma Stone, Joaquin Phoenix, and Parker Posey. I have become quite fond of Allen's work, so this might hold my attention. Plus, I love the cast. Even if this looks to be a traditional Woody Allen film, I still think it could be amazing with the three leads. Parker Posey could be a real scene stealer and possibly join the Oscar club as Woody Allen's ladies have great luck in that regard.


Southpaw: Next is the trailer for Southpaw starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Rachel McAdams. Now, could this be the film that lands Gyllenhaal that elusive 2nd Oscar nomination? After that aggravating Nightcrawler snub, I can imagine him gunning for that second outing with this as he has a physically transformative role (which they love) and the film has none other than Harvey Weinstein behind it. In terms of the film itself, I think it looks marvelous. As long as I potentially save up for the summer movie season, I might see it in theaters.


Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Uhhhh.....Yeah!!!!


Spy: Next is the trailer for Spy starring Melissa McCarthy. This one is one of my most anticipated of the summer. One reason is the cast that includes Melissa McCarthy, Jason Statham, Jude Law, and Rose Byrne. With such a unique cast like this and with Melissa McCarthy doing what she does best, how can I miss?


Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Lastly is the trailer for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. While I am more of a Marvel guy, I'll admit that I do admire DC as well. My favorite DC hero is Batman and I wasn't crazy about Superman until I saw Man of Steel and the show Smallville. But judging by the trailer for this film, I think they are going in an interesting direction with Superman by sort of making him appear to be a villain and I think Ben Affleck will deliver as Batman. I will probably end up seeing this in theaters where it is meant to be seen.

My final ratings on these trailers:

5- Gotta See It!
4- More Than Likely
3- Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
2- Rental
1- NO!

Black Mass: More Than Likely
Irrational Man: Eh, You've Peaked My Interest
Southpaw: More Than Likely
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Gotta See It!
Spy: Gotta See It!
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Eh, You've Peaked My Interest

So those are my thoughts on the trailers for the upcoming six films. Whether you want to see these films or not, please feel free to write your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment