Monday, January 26, 2015

Oscars 2015: SAG Winners Reactions


   Hello, Bloggers, the SAG Awards aired last night and I will undergo my thoughts on the winners in each category, both film and television. Here we go:

   Best Film Ensemble: Birdman
   This win made me the most ecstatic. I thought the film was not only the best of the year but it had the best ensemble of the year. It also won Best Film at the Producers Guild Awards, so it is now a strong frontrunner for Best Picture, rivaling Boyhood. 

   Best Male Actor In A Motion Picture: Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything
   While I really wanted Michael Keaton to win it, at least we have a race here. Plus, Keaton still didn't go home empty handed which means Redmayne might not be a sure thing. Although, judging by his speech, he must really want this thing.

   Best Female Actor In A Motion Picture: Julianne Moore, Still Alice
   We have our first foregone conclusion here. Thrilled for Moore because her performance in Still Alice is fantastic and she might finally take home Oscar gold. The downside, however, is there goes Rosamund Pike's Oscar.

  Best Male Actor In A Supporting Role In A Motion Picture: J.K. Simmons, Whiplash
  At this point, if somebody else wins the Oscar, I can imagine a lot of fans will be like "Not quite my tempo". I say he deserves to win.

  Best Female Actor In A Supporting Role In A Motion Picture: Patricia Arquette, Boyhood
  She might have this thing sewn up. No argument from me. When her name was announced,  though, I remember thinking myself "Going to these things must be like a chore for Meryl at this point."

  Best Ensemble In A TV Series- Drama: Downton Abbey
  On my Gold Derby predictions, I was surprised to find out I picked Downton Abbey to win and since I haven't seen the show, I guess I can say I am glad I was right.

  Best Ensemble In A TV Series- Comedy: Orange Is The New Black
  I may not have seen the show yet, but this win excites me for three reasons: 1. Modern Family didn't win (Love the show, but glad they gave someone else a turn), 2. It proves that Netflix shows are becoming more legitimate and not just network channel shows, and 3. There is so much diversity in the cast.

  Best Male Actor In A TV Series- Drama: Kevin Spacey, House of Cards
  Kevin Spacey must be thrilled Breaking Bad is off the air since he not only collected the SAG, but his long overdue Golden Globe and can potentially win the Emmy to complete his acting triple crown.

  Best Female Actor In A TV Series- Drama: Viola Davis, How To Get Away With Murder
 I guess her fellow actors really love her since this is her 3rd SAG win (her first two were for The Help: Best Female Actor and Best Ensemble) and I guess I should start watching that show.

 Best Male Actor In A TV Series- Comedy: William H. Macy, Shameless
 Nice! I actually get to see William H. Macy accept an award.

 Best Female Actor In A TV Series- Comedy: Uzo Aduba, Orange Is The New Black
 Coupled with Viola Davis' win, Uzo Aduba's win shows just how diverse television is becoming in terms of who they are giving the best roles to.

 Best Male Actor In A Miniseries Or TV Movie: Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart
 Behind Birdman's Best Ensemble win, Ruffalo's win for his brilliant performance in The Normal Heart was one that got me the most excited. After losing at the Critics Choice, Emmy Awards, and the Golden Globe Awards, he finally got recognized for his brilliant work.

 Best Female Actor In A Miniseries Or TV Movie: Frances McDormand, Olive Kitteridge
 I still have yet to see Olive Kitteridge, but I was pretty happy about this win because it is nice that McDormand is back in the spotlight and hopefully we get to see more of her on the big or small screen.

So, those were my quick thoughts on the SAG winners. If you have seen them or the list of winners, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section. Up next, as part of my Oscar coverage, I will do my list of the Top 10 Upsets I'd Love To See. Until then, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment