Saturday, March 2, 2013

Review: That's My Boy




                                                'That's' Another Bad Movie for Adam Sandler
 
                              Before I saw this and Jack and Jill, I used to be a huge Adam Sandler fan. Now, I feel like whatever star power he had is slowly diminishing and makes me question why he would make this crap.

                              Story:
                        That's My Boy is about a middle schooler who has an affair with his teacher that results in a pregnancy. Now, as Donny (Adam Sandler) grows older, his son leaves him after his 18th birthday. Once he realizes that he now owes the IRS $43,000, he visits his son Han Solo (Andy Samberg) on his wedding weekend to try to organize a reunion at the woman's prison where his mother resides, in order for a reality TV show host to give Donny enough to pay back the IRS.

                          What I Liked About It:
                     Honestly, there is not much I liked about this movie. Not even Adam Sandler himself could make me laugh. I mean, Eddie Murphy has made some poor and so-so movies, but even in those, he still manages to be funny. 

                         What I Didn't Like About It:
                     Everything, but I'll only name a few things I didn't like:
                    The storyline and how it tries to do a comedic portrayal of pedophilia, statutory rape, and incest. *insert sarcastic laugh here*
                    Talented actors such as Leighton Meester, James Caan, Will Forte, Milo Ventimiglia, and Susan Sarandon are in this film for their talents to be wasted.
                    Every female character in this film is portrayed as either a trollop, a stripper, or a bimbo.

                         Consensus:
                      That's My Boy is a poorly executed unfunny mess that is probably the most mean-spirited comedy that I've ever seen. I can honestly say that I am beginning to look forward to Adam Sandler's future work less and less as I worry that he will continue to make more movies like this.

Rating: 0.5/5

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment