Thursday, April 7, 2016

Trailer Talk: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

So the teaser trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has just been released today and I will share with you folks my quick thoughts:

Now, when watching this trailer, it doesn't necessarily feel like an "episode" movie if you catch my drift. But I love that. I have a feeling there'll be complaints about how it isn't like the original movies. But then again, there were complaints about The Force Awakens having too many similarities to the original trilogy. So whatever complaints will be made about this being not enough like the originals will be all noise.

Next, I really think Felicity Jones looks like she is doing a terrific job as the lead heroine. After her Oscar nod for playing Jane Hawking in Theory of Everything, it looks like she is already reinventing herself as an action heroine. I look forward to her portrayal in the upcoming picture.

Also, before the trailer, I was super anxious trying to figure out what role Ben Mendelsohn will play, thinking "Is he good or a villain?". But it looks like he is playing another villain. Not that I have any complaints because he plays a great villain. Plus, more people will likely know his name after this movie which is super exciting because I have become such a die-hard fan of his.

I am still very intrigued by the route they are going with this picture, making Star Wars look like something of a war movie. I also love seeing the diversity in the cast with Diego Luna, Forest Whitaker, and both Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen from Asia. In fact, I think one of the reason it is going to do well is because of its international cast and the fact that it is a Star Wars movie.

Overall, I am very excited about this film. I look forward to when it comes out in December and when the full length trailer comes out. Until then, I will probably watch the teaser another five hundred times. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment