Sunday, April 3, 2016
Liebster Award, Part II
Thank you to Wendell from Dell On Movies for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is my second time doing this and I will answer the questions given to me while giving a quick overview of the rules:
1. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
2. Nominate up to 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Name an actor or actress who's films you will always see, no matter what. Tell us why?
Tough one. But I'll go with Tom Hardy. The guy can simply do no wrong.
2. Name an actor or actress who's films you try not to see, no matter what.
Tell us why?
Eddie Redmayne. I think his acting often comes off as calculated and I don't like his constant mugging.
3. What movie would you like to see get a sequel that never got one?
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
4. Where is your ideal seat in a movie theater?
In the middle.
5. Other than in a theater, how do you watch most movies? (Redbox, Netflix, online, Blu-Rays/DVDs you own, etc.)
6. Name a movie you love from a genre you hate.
7. Name a movie you hate from a genre you love.
Thor: The Dark World.
8. What classic era director (1960s or earlier) would've made a great superhero movie? Why?
Ah, that's a tough one. But I'll go with George Romero. He introduced the zombie genre with Night of the Living Dead and it would've been neat to see what he would've done with the superhero genre.
9. What currently working director would've made a great classic era noir? Why?
David Fincher. After watching Gone Girl, I think he would've been a perfect noir director.
10. What famous person would you like to see get a biopic that hasn't had one?
Freddie Mercury and I want to see Paul Rudd play him.
11. You're going to spend the rest of your life all alone on a deserted island. You're allowed to bring only three movies with you. What are they and why?
Weekend because I love a good gay romance, Spy so I can have something to make me laugh, and Star Wars because well..it's Star Wars. It's so dang awesome.
I now nominate:
Big Screen Small Words
Now onto my questions:
1. What is your favorite Best Picture winner and why?
2. What is your least favorite Best Picture winner and why?
3. What genre did you hate at first, but grew to love eventually?
4. What director working today do you find the most overrated and why?
5. What director working today would you want to see make a superhero movie that hasn't yet and why?
6. Was there ever a movie you saw where you wanted your money back after it was over? If so, which one?
7. Who gave one of the best performances not nominated for an Oscar?
8. What is the best type of movie to see in a crowded movie theater?
9. What is the best type of movie to see in an empty movie theater?
10. Name a movie you didn't want to see at first and ended up being terrible.
11. Name a movie that you were excited about that surpassed your expectations.