Saturday, August 2, 2014

Trailer Talk #19: Annie, Big Hero 6, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part I, Dumb and Dumber To, Into the Woods, Fifty Shades of Grey, Mad Max: Fury Road

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk. I have quite a bit of new trailers reviewed for you folks, most of which I caught in theaters when I just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. The latter two I caught online. Let's take a look:

Annie: First up is the trailer for the upcoming adaptation of Annie, starring Quvenzhane Wallis as the titular character. Now, I have become quite familiar with the source material over the years like so many have. But, I am not going to hastily run out and buy a ticket to this one, even though it has such brilliant people in it, including Jamie Foxx and Cameron Diaz, who plays Miss Hannigan. I did see the version of Annie with Kathy Bates as Miss Hannigan and I might've liked that one, but I'm guessing that because this feels like a "been there, done that", this might be a rental for me. We'll see, but so far, I wouldn't try and buy a ticket "tomorrow".


Big Hero 6: Next is the trailer for the latest Disney animated film Big Hero 6. Now, when I first heard about this film, I thought it seemed interesting, since it apparently deals with superheroes and I love stuff like that. However, after watching the trailer for this, I may need to wait for another one to re-affirm whether or not I will pay to see this in theaters because so far, I'm not 100% sold. It interested me for a bit, but so far, this trailer feels more like an appetizer before I can get to my meal.


The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part I: Next up is the trailer for the upcoming sequel The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part I. Now, I've mentioned before on my blog that I am a huge Hunger Games fan, so I already know I am going to see this. Although I don't actually feel super excited about this one, that is only because I didn't particularly care for Mockingjay, the book. I do hope that this film drastically improves the book and surpass it. Crossing my fingers. The one thing I am certain on is J-Law is once again going to own as Katniss.


Dumb and Dumber To: Next is the upcoming sequel Dumb and Dumber To, starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. I did see the first Dumb and Dumber, but I didn't actually see the whole thing, though I did laugh at what I actually did see. But the sequel doesn't look too enthusing to be honest. I'm sure that fans of the original will be quick to buy a ticket, but I doubt I will. I'm sure Jim Carrey will be funny like he always is and that Jeff Daniels will be good, but for now, I'm just saying "no thanks".


Into The Woods: Next up is the trailer of the adaptation of the Broadway musical Into The Woods, starring Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp. When I first heard about this film, I was like "Oh, alright". But after I saw the trailer, I was like, "Oh, wow". I now really want to see this as I think it looks very spectacular. I really like the cast that not only includes Meryl Streep and Johnny Depp, but Emily Blunt, Anna Kendrick, and Chris Pine. Plus, I have grown to love musicals, so I might try and see this with my friend who loves musicals and go "into the theater" to see this.


Fifty Shades of Grey: Next is the trailer for the hotly-anticipated film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey. Now, I have never read any of the books, so I can't say whether the actors resemble the characters they're playing or anything like that, but I am sort of toying with the idea of seeing this. Part of the reason is the amazing cover of "Crazy In Love" used in the trailer. I also really like the direction done by Sam Taylor-Johnson and it looks like she is doing a really nice job. I may need to wait for another trailer or actually read the book, but I might pay to see this, even if I might feel embarrassed to tell people if I actually do.


Mad Max: Fury Road: Finally is the trailer for the upcoming sequel Mad Max: Fury Road. Now, I have only caught glimpses of Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and haven't seen any of the other Mad Max films. But, I do really want to catch this in theaters. I like the kind of post-apocalyptic films that have a dark, gritty look to them, like Doomsday and Resident Evil: Extinction. Plus, the film has Charlize Theron, one of my favorites as well as Tom Hardy playing the titular character and he is always good. The film doesn't come out until 2015, but I might already be excited.


So, that was my latest episode of Trailer Talk. If you have seen any of these trailers, please feel free to write your thoughts on them in the comments section, whether you want to see them or not. As always, my next episode will come once I have seen a new film in theaters or a bunch of new trailers online. Until then, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment