Monday, August 11, 2014

RIP Robin Williams (1951-2014)

So, it was announced today that comedian Robin Williams suddenly passed away and it was not only a shock, but quite a tragic loss. Just like with Philip Seymour Hoffman, I will, as a fan of his work, offer up my own little eulogy to Robin Williams.

Now as I mentioned in my list of the Top 10 Actors To Successfully Transitioned To Film From TV, Robin Williams has had quite an iconic career in film. Some of the famous films he has done include Aladdin, Good Morning, Vietnam, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, and his Oscar-winning turn in Good Will Hunting. I thought his work in Mrs. Doubtfire was quite a treat as well as his work in Jumanji. But his performance in Good Will Hunting is something to behold as it is a true showcase of his dramatic talents. Plus, I thought he stole the show in his supporting role as a Russian doctor in Nine Months. I even remember seeing what I thought was one the first films I ever saw in theaters that starred him in it: Flubber. Luckily, I was able to catch The Butler, one of his last movies to come out in theaters. Robots is another one of his I saw in theaters. Flubber and Robots were family treats while in The Butler, he had a small role but really left an impression. To me, Williams was one of those actors who would always leave an impression whether he is in a lead or supporting or even a voice or cameo role. Plus, he was successfully able to balance both comedy and drama.

So, that was my little eulogy on Robin Williams and his eclectic career and acting skills. He was in some of my favorite films and I'm sure he was in some of your favorite films. Plus, he might be in your future children's favorite films. He is an icon that has lived on through the big and small screen, as well as his comedic, dramatic, and voice work. Mr. Robin Williams, thank you for all the laughs you have given us over the years. You will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment