Friday, July 11, 2014

66th Primetime Emmy Nominations Reactions

Hello, Bloggers, I am a little late on this. But, since the nominations for the 66th Primetime Emmys were recently announced, I figured I'd give my reactions to the list of nominees. Here we go:

First off, The Normal Heart scores big with 16 nominations, including Best TV Movie and Best Actor in a Miniseries or TV Movie for Mark Ruffalo. But what was a big surprise was its four nominations for Best Supporting Actor in a Miniseries/TV Movie for Matt Bomer (YES!), Joe Mantello (Sweet!), Alfred Molina (Very Nice), and Jim Parsons (also YES!). All four actors were spectacular and luckily, since they were all nominated and I caught The Normal Heart before the nominees were announced, it saves me a ton of work. I was especially thrilled about Julia Roberts' nomination for Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries/TV Movie. This year, she is in the nomination company of another movie star that went to television, Mr. Matthew McConaughey, who scored a nomination for Best Actor in a TV Series- Drama for True Detective. The McConaissance continues! Keep up the good work, Matty, you might go two-for-two this year!

Next, not only did American Horror Story: Coven score nominations for Jessica Lange for Best Lead Actress and Kathy Bates for Best Supporting Actress, but Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy, with Bassett and Conroy in the Supporting category and Paulson in the lead. Oh, all the work I don't have to do!

As expected, Fargo scored pretty big and landed nominations for Best Miniseries as well as Best Actor (Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman), and Best Supporting Actor and Actress (Colin Hanks and Alison Tolman). I've only seen the first episode, but I like it so far.

Now onto some surprises. First off, Lena Headey was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in a TV Series- Drama for Game of Thrones, which I didn't expect at all. When I was making my predictions for who would get on nominated on Gold Derby, she wasn't an odds-on favorite, but I like surprises like those even though I've only seen the first few episodes of GOT. Another surprise was Tatiana Maslany getting snubbed for Orphan Black. I figured that with her Critics' Choice win, she might've gained some momentum, but as evidenced with these awards shows, anything is possible and almost anybody's name could be announced on Nomination Day.

So, those were my little reactions to the nominees for the 66th Primetime Emmys. If you are happy with or disagree with any of the nominees, please feel free to write in the comments section and even put in who you felt got snubbed. Thank for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment