Thursday, August 1, 2013

Trailer Talk #10: Getaway, Riddick, Last Vegas, American Hustle, Romeo & Juliet, Snowpiercer


Hello, Bloggers, and welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk. For today's episode, I have two trailers that I have seen in theaters when I went to go see The Conjuring, and four that I have watched online. Here we go:

Getaway: First up is the trailer for the action film Getaway starring Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez. Now, while I honestly don't have a whole lot of interest in seeing this film, one thing that I did like about the trailer is seeing Selena Gomez, a former Disney starlet, moving into more dramatic territory. This film deals with a simple plot about a guy trying to rescue his kidnapped wife and I'm sure it's not meant to make anybody's Oscar list, but I'll skip it.

Riddick: Next up is the trailer for the upcoming action sequel Riddick starring Vin Diesel. This film is a sequel to both Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick, which I haven't seen and I probably won't see them anytime soon, so I probably won't see this film. It does look cool and looks to have some horror elements, but by the time it comes out, I'll look to see what else is playing.

Last Vegas: Next is the trailer for the raunchy comedy Last Vegas starring Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman, and Kevin Kline. Now normally you wouldn't put the words "raunchy comedy" and those four actors in the same sentence, but honestly I like it. I like how they are stepping into a type of comedic territory that's outside of their range and it makes me want to go see it, even if it may not be for my age group.

American Hustle: Next is the trailer for American Hustle starring Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, and Jennifer Lawrence. Now, I remember back on my Oscar predictions where I talk about who I think will be nominated in each acting category, I said that all the aforementioned actors might have a chance at getting nominated and this film might get some Oscar love depending on how it does. I definitely want to see this because of the actors, the fact that it's directed by David O. Russell who also did The Fighter and my favorite film of last year, Silver Linings Playbook, and because it has a 70's setting. No doubt I will see this in theaters.

Romeo & Juliet: Next is the trailer for the newest adaptation of Romeo & Juliet, starring Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth as the titular leads. One thing about the trailer that struck me was that even though I know the story and even how it ends, I still got sad watching the trailer. I don't think there is anything about this film that makes we want to go see it because like I said, I already know how the story goes, but if I do see it, I'll wait for DVD.

Snowpiercer: Lastly is the trailer for the action film Snowpiercer, which stars Chris Evans, John Hurt and Tilda Swinton. Now, this film has a very interesting concept, as it deals with a type of global warming that wipes out most of the Earth's population and the Earth's remaining survivors ride on the Snowpiercer and has an evolving class system with the poor residing in the back on the train and the rich on the front. I really like that concept and I'm not sure how big of a release this film will get, but I'll check it out whether or not it comes out on DVD or to a theater near me.

So, that was episode #10 of Trailer Talk and I will do episode #11 once I see some new trailers online or whether I go see a new film in theaters, but until then, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment