Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Trailer Talk #5: Don Jon, We're The Millers, Prince Avalanche, Ain't Them Bodies Saints, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters


Hello, Bloggers, here is another episode of Trailer Talk. Now, I haven't been to the movies since Iron Man 3 because I wasn't really interested with what's been out, despite the fact we are in the summer blockbuster season, so here are some trailers that I watched online.


Don Jon: First up, is the trailer for the sex comedy Don Jon, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who also wrote and directed it. Now, JGL is one of my favorite younger talents in Hollywood, so I think it's pretty cool that he's now creating his own material. He's also rounded up a pretty stellar cast, including Scarlett Johansson, Julianne Moore, and even Tony Danza. It looks like it'll be a comedy that'll have more subtle humor, but it looks good nevertheless. I may check it out in theaters, depending if it gets released near me because it's been going around the festival circuit, so I have a feeling it'll get a limited release.

We're The Millers: Next up is a trailer for a movie that surprisingly looks funny, and that is We're The Millers, starring Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis. Now, when I first heard about this movie, I wasn't sure what to expect, but when I saw the trailer, I thought to myself "Eh, I might actually go see it. It looks funny". I'm definitely not going to go into it expecting high art, but that's not what this movie is intending to be. Just a fun way to kill 90 minutes.

Prince Avalanche: Next is the second movie on this list that has been going around the festival circuit and that is Prince Avalanche, starring Paul Rudd and Emile Hirsch. Now, after I saw Perks of Being a Wallflower, I loved seeing Paul Rudd do a dramatic role, and seeing the trailer for this makes me pleased that he's doing more of those kind of roles, and not only that, but I love seeing him going the indie film route. I do really like him as a comedian, I just think it's cool he's exploring dramatic territory. Now, when I first heard about this film, I thought it looked interesting because it has a limited cast, a short running time of about 90 minutes, and has a simple plot, but has me curious yet excited as to how it'll play out. Hopefully it'll play in a theater nearby.

Ain't Them Bodies Saints: Next, is the last film on this list that has been going around the festival circuit, and that film is Ain't Them Bodies Saints, starring Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara. The film appears to be a "Bonnie and Clyde" story, as it deals with a rogue couple on the run, only this is set in Texas. When I first heard about this film and how it was said to be a "Bonnie and Clyde" story in the style of Terrence Malick, I thought "Hmm, interesting". But seeing the trailer really makes me want to see the movie. I was especially impressed with Rooney Mara as she goes from a Swedish accent in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to a Southern accent in this. I feel that she'll be just as impressive in this as she was in Dragon Tattoo and will continue to give great performances in the ongoing future. Hope to see this in theaters.

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters: Lastly, I'm going back to mainstream fare with the upcoming sequel Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. Now, I've seen the first Percy Jackson and I had a lot of fun with it, although I've never read any of the books. But this one looks like it'll be another fun ride, as the special effects look fantastic and they have the three lead actors, who were entertaining to watch, from the first one coming back. If I don't see it in theaters, I'll definitely see it when it comes out on TV.

So, that was episode 5 of Trailer Talk and I will post episode 6 soon, whether it is when I see a new film in theaters or see some new trailers online. But until then, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment