Thursday, December 25, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Hello, Bloggers, I hope you all are having a very Merry Christmas. I recognize that I didn't do exactly 12 Movies of Christmas and I apologize for that. But I wanted to at least do a continuation of last year where I also attempted to do 12 movies.

Some of you who have read the film reviews I did may wonder why I chose films like Foxcatcher or Locke on there. But I figured I'd include films like those just to think outside the box. For example, Foxcatcher and Ida are both set in the winter either at one point or throughout the film. In my review of Locke, I said how minimalist films are like a tree and simple imagination used to make a greal Christmas, so that's why I picked that and because Christmas is a religious holiday, I picked Calvary because it deals with a priest. So, I figured I'd not just conform to doing the kind of traditional films everyone likes to watch around Christmastime.

Before the new year rolls around, I should be doing three new reviews for three films coming out that are Oscar hopefuls. One of them should have a review from me tomorrow or Saturday. The rest should be posted next week.

So, I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and here is to another great year of movies. Thanks for reading and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment