Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 Golden Globe Awards/Winners: My Reactions


Hello, Bloggers, I watched the Golden Globes last night and I honestly thought that this years awards were a lot better than last years. Mainly because I was very happy with most of the results, more specifically in the movies categories because I haven't seen a lot of the TV shows or miniseries that were nominated. I did have some minor gripes, actually one, but I'll discuss that. Here we go:

What I Liked About It:

-I thought Amy Poehler and Tina Fey did a great job hosting as they did last year. They were so funny and had me rolling on the couch laughing. So kudos to you guys, I can't wait to se you host the ceremony again next year.

-Another thing that I liked was the winners in the movie categories. Like I said, I haven't seen a lot of the shows in the TV categories, so I can't comment on those. Anyhow, I was very glad 12 Years A Slave won Best Picture- Drama and that American Hustle won Best Picture- Musical or Comedy. 12 Years was a film that left me more emotional than any film that came out last year, and American Hustle was some of the most fun I had at the movies last year. Speaking of American Hustle, Amy Adams won Best Actress- Musical or Comedy and Jennifer Lawrence won Best Supporting Actress. Both of those wins made me happy, especially Amy Adams, who finally has at least a Golden Globe on her mantle. I loved that Alfonso Cuaron won Best Director for his phenomenal work in Gravity. I have yet to see Her so I can't comment on Spike Jonze's win for Best Screenplay, but I am a fan of his work, so I can say I'm happy for him. Leonardo DiCaprio won Best Actor- Musical or Comedy and I was quite ecstatic about that. Now, I'm really crossing my fingers for him to get his fourth Oscar nod. There is also Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto's wins for their tremendous work in Dallas Buyers Club. I am glad to see Jared Leto finally get the recognition he deserves after the film work he's put in over the years and to McConaughey winning, I just say "Alright! Alright! Alright!" because he was equally as astounding as Leto was. Lastly and certainly not least, Cate Blanchett won Best Actress- Drama for Blue Jasmine and I was quite enthused with that win as well because I thought she played one of the more complex characters to come out this year.

-I also liked Diane Keaton's ode to Woody Allen, who won the Cecil B. DeMille Award yet didn't show up to the ceremony. Plus, it was neat how some actresses that have starred in his films, like Dianne Weist and Mariel Hemingway, showed up to the ceremony.

What I Didn't Like About It:

-The one thing about the ceremony that really irritated me was when people were trying to give their speeches and they would cut them off by playing the music. To me, that is quite rude because some people were trying to give touching speeches, like Amy Adams, and they just played the music while they were talking. I get that they don't want some of the winners to go overboard and go as far to thanking their neighbor's dog or anything like that, but still. That's why the winners get nervous or  talk fast sometimes, because they get worried that the music will cut them off. Luckily, when U2 accepted the Globe for Best Original Song, they didn't cut them off because they were giving a story about Nelson Mandela, who sadly passed recently.


So, those were my thoughts about the Golden Globe Awards, and if you've seen the ceremony, please feel free to write in the comments section what you thought about it. Feel free to write what you liked and what you didn't like. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment