Sunday, December 29, 2013

Trailer Talk #12: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Interstellar, Transcendence, 22 Jump Street, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Noah


Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk. For today's episode, I will review more movies set for release in 2014. A few of these are on my most anticipated movies list, and let me just say that 2014 looks to be a very interesting year for movies. Anyhow, here we go:


Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: First up is the trailer for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Now, I saw the film's predecessor Rise of the Planet of the Apes and even though this trailer doesn't show us a whole lot, I am still very intrigued by it. I definitely can't wait to see more of Andy Serkis as the ape Caesar as I thought he was the best thing about Rise. Hope to catch it in theaters and to quote a line from a character in the trailer: "I need to speak to Caesar"!


Interstellar: Next up is the trailer for the upcoming Christopher Nolan film Interstellar. At this point in his career, I'll watch anything that is done by Christopher Nolan and Interstellar looks to be no exception. The trailer that I saw may have only been a teaser but I'm sure that is just an appetizer before I can get to the next course, as I can't wait to see more of what the film has to offer. No doubt I am seeing this in theaters and I have a feeling if it's any good, I will see it more than once like Nolan's last two films.


Transcendence: Next is another film by Nolan yet is directed by his frequent cinematographer Wally Pfister, known as Transcendence. Now, when I first heard of this film, I wasn't too enthused about it. That was until I saw the trailer and when I saw Johnny Depp. The character he is playing looks to be a slight cry away from the eccentric protagonists he has played in recent years, but I think it's interesting he is playing that type of character. Plus, I'll get into what the film is about: It's about a scientist played by Johnny Depp who transcends his mind into a computer. Eventually he becomes more powerful and a radical anti-technology group then tries to stop him. I hope to check it out in theaters.


22 Jump Street: Next is the first sequel on this list: 22 Jump Street. Now, I saw the first one and I thought it was pretty enjoyable. However, I am unsure about this one. I mean, I definitely don't think this is something I would pay to see in theaters, but if it's on Starz or something, I'll check it out. I'm sure Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill will be funny like they were in the last one, but I'm not sure, we'll see.


Captain America: The Winter Soldier: Next up is the only other sequel on this list: Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Now, I saw the first Captain America and The Avengers, which I LOVED, but surprisingly, I have mixed feelings about going to see this. I'm guessing it's because I am just waiting for The Avengers: Age of Ultron to come out and I'm sure that reason must be why I skipped Thor: The Dark World, but that one I'll just Redbox. For the rest of the Marvel fans, besides myself, I'm sure this film will hold them off until The Avengers: Age of Ultron. But for me, I'll just wait and see. If I don't pay to see it in theaters, I'll just Redbox it like I will with Thor.


Noah: Lastly is, like Interstellar, another film that I am highly anticipating for next year, which is Darren Aronofsky's Noah. Darren Aronofsky is another director that I have grown to admire. I have loved his previous work which includes Requiem for a Dream and Black Swan. But this one, which is his first big budget film, looks to be an entirely different approach for Aronofsky, yet I am extremely excited to see it. Another thing that gets me excited for this film is the cast, which includes Russell Crowe as the titular hero, Jennifer Connelly, Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Ray Winstone, and Anthony Hopkins. I may not be an avid studier of the whole story of Noah's ark, but I still can't wait to see this.


So, that was today's episode of Trailer Talk and I hope you enjoyed it and if you've seen any of these trailers, please feel free to comment on whether or not you have a desire to see these films or not and why. Thanks for reading!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment