Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trailer Talk #2: Sequel Edition- Grown Ups 2, Kick Ass 2, Iron Man 3, Hangover: Part III, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Hello, Bloggers, I had just seen The Place Beyond The Pines, which I will post a review of very soon, and they only showed two trailers. So I figured for my next Trailer Talk post, I would discuss trailers for upcoming sequels. Anyways, here we go:


Grown Ups 2: First off, I'll discuss the trailer for Grown Ups 2. Now, before I watched the trailer, I was unsure of what to expect after seeing Adam Sandler's recent body of work, and after I got through watching the trailer, I worry that Sandler's bad movie streak might continue. I don't even know how Grown Ups got a sequel. I mean, it wasn't spectacular or bad, it was just kinda there. I think I'm gonna skip this one.
                                                    

Kick-Ass 2: Next up, the trailer for Kick-Ass 2. Now, I was a pretty big fan of the first one, and when I saw the trailer for the sequel, I was pretty stoked. One reason is because this one has Jim Carrey, who never fails to make me laugh. I feel that he's gonna steal the show. Plus, it looks like it's gonna be funny and action-packed like the first one. I'll probably see this in theaters.

                                                      
Iron Man 3: Next, there is Iron Man 3, the first threequel on this post. Now, unlike the first two, this one looks much darker, which has me pretty intrigued. My only worry is the fact that it has a bit too many villains, but that's more of a nitpick than anything else. Plus, this one looks just as action-packed as the first two. I may check this one out in theaters.
                                                     

The Hangover: Part III: Next up is the only other threequel on this post, The Hangover: Part III. Now, I loved the first one, but thought the second one was good, but just a carbon copy of the first one. So, that leaves me wondering what this entry in the franchise will bring to the table. I'm sure Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifanakis will be funny as always, even Ken Jeong, who plays my favorite character from the first two: Mr. Chow, but I'm just hoping that this one'll be different. But to be fair, the trailer has me intrigued as they don't give a whole lot of plot details away. I think I'm gonna rent this one, though.
                                                   

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: Last, and certainly not least, is the movie that I am the most excited for this year, and that is The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Now, Catching Fire is my favorite book in the trilogy, so I was really excited when I saw the trailer for this at the MTV Movie Awards. I loved how they did the same thing they did when they released the trailer for the first Hunger Games and kept out further plot details to increase the audience's anticipation. Even though I already read the books, I still can't wait to see more. No doubt i'm seeing this in theaters.

So, that was episode 2 of Trailer Talk, and I'm unsure of what my next movie will be, but when I see it, I will do another episode, but until then, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment