Friday, October 9, 2015

Trailer Talk: Hail, Caesar! (2016)

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to another episode of Trailer Talk. For quite a while, I have done an Oscar Watch for upcoming Oscar contenders, but this time around, I'll look into a trailer for a film that might not be much of a contender since it is released quite early next year, but could still be a great movie. That film is Hail, Caesar! from the Coen Brothers.


When watching this trailer, I'm just like, wow! Mainly because of that cast. I love Ralph Fiennes, LOVE, LOVE Tilda Swinton, like Scarlett Johansson as well as Josh Brolin and George Clooney. Also, major kudos to Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill for continuing to build an interesting resume for themselves. Especially Jonah Hill ever since his Oscar nod for Moneyball. A nod for Tatum isn't out of his reach, though.

Now while the Coens aren't filmmakers whose work is all over my DVD racks, I do admire their work. I like No Country For Old Men and Fargo is certainly a favorite of mine. They've dabbled into films about Hollywood before with Barton Fink. But for me, this one might seem more accessible because of its flare as well as cast members like Tatum and Hill whose comedic work I've become quite familiar with over recent years. Scarlett Johansson's inclusion doesn't hurt either. So with its hipper cast, I might get into it more.

But overall, I think this looks really great. I love the cast and because of it, I will likely see it when it comes out in theaters. Feel free to share your own thoughts about the trailer in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment