Saturday, October 17, 2015

Ranking the Phase 3 Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies From Most to Least Anticipated

Hello, Bloggers, since Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is already set to kick off next year, I figured I'd share my own ranking of the Phase 3 films in order from the ones I am least anticipating to the ones I am most excited for. Let's take a look:


10. Spider-Man (2017): I love Spider-Man, but enough is enough. I'm glad the rights of the character were brought back to Marvel. But I don't want the character rehashed every couple of years. No. Thanks.


9. Thor: Ragnarok (2017): I am trying to keep a VERY open mind about this one. I hated its predecessor, so I'm not over the moon about it. But thankfully we'll not only have Loki back, but the Hulk will appear as well. That gives me something to look forward to. (But seriously, PLEASE be better than The Dark World.)


8. Inhumans (2019): While I don't know too much about the Inhumans, the reason I am quite stoked for their upcoming film is because I always look forward to new heroes and teams being introduced into the film world.


7. Captain America: Civil War (2016): While this seems more like The Avengers 2.5, they do have heroes coming back that I like (Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Falcon) and are introducing Black Panther. I still fear that it'll mainly be the Downey or Iron Man show because I think RDJ is overstating his welcome in the MCU. But, I'll still see it.


6. Avengers: Infinity War- Parts I and II (2018 & 2019): For this one, I am excited to see how many Avengers will be a part of it. I don't think every Avenger will because I think that Marvel won't fulfill every star's salary (unless some stars were willing to take a huge pay cut which I highly doubt), but I'm curious to see who we will see.


5. Doctor Strange (2016): I am glad we finally get to see Doctor Strange on the big screen. Not only that, but I like that they got Benedict Cumberbatch to play him as well as who else they got: Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, and of course, Tilda Swinton!! Agh, so excited!!


4. Black Panther (2018): Not only am I thrilled that Black Panther is getting his own movie because it took quite a while for it to come to fruition, but we finally have the MCU's first black superhero movie. I'm all for diversity being front and center in these studio tentpole films and it is awesome we are seeing that with not just the Black Panther movie, but the casting of John Boyega and likely Gugu Mbatha-Raw as leads in the upcoming Star Wars trilogy.


3. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018): Just when I thought the future of Ant-Man was a little uncertain, suddenly, a sequel was announced. Yay!!


2. Captain Marvel (2019): So, we're not just seeing more diversity in terms of race coming to fruition in these films, but also gender. While female-centered superhero films, like Elektra and Catwoman, haven't fared too well, here is hoping we have better luck with Captain Marvel. The rumors of Emily Blunt and Rebecca Ferguson circling the role is another reason for me to get excited.


1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017): The first Guardians was my favorite Phase 2 film, so it would only make sense I would be thrilled for the sequel. Here's hoping it not only is as good as the first, but has a kicking soundtrack like the first.

So that's my ranking of the Phase 3 films in order from the ones I am least anticipating to the ones I am most anticipating. Be sure to offer up your own rankings in the comments section. Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment