Thursday, April 24, 2014

Trailer Talk #15: Sex Tape, Gone Girl, The Immigrant, Jersey Boys, A Most Wanted Man, Neighbors

Hello, Bloggers, welcome to my 15th episode of Trailer Talk. I have seen plenty of new trailers online and when I saw Noah, but I'll just discuss some of those I watched online. Let's take a look:

Sex Tape: First off is the trailer for the upcoming comedy Sex Tape starring Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel. Now, I do like Jason Segel and I am a pretty big Cameron Diaz fan, so this one definitely looks like something I would pay to see. This is definitely more of my cup of tea than Diaz's upcoming film The Other Woman. Hopefully, this is a banner year for her as she has not only those two films but Annie coming out around the holiday season. Anyhow, this is also from the director of Bad Teacher, which I really loved and may feature a plot that is far-fetched and deals with a couple that tries to take back their sex tape that was released on the Internet, but I'm not expecting an awards contender and I may see this in theaters.


Gone Girl: Next is the upcoming thriller that IS a potential awards contender known as Gone Girl, starring Ben Affleck and is directed by David Fincher. Now, David Fincher is a director whose work I have always liked and some of his films, like The Social Network and Fight Club, are some of my favorite movies. So, he is the film's biggest selling point for me. Ben Affleck, I can honestly take or leave, but he never makes me not want to see a film just because he's in it. Since this movie is based off a book, who knows if I might read the book first before I see the movie, but I do really want to see the movie.

The Immigrant: Now onto a much smaller film. Next is the indie The Immigrant, starring Marion Cotillard, Jeremy Renner, and Joaquin Phoenix. All three actors are astounding, so that gives the film plenty of promise. Plus, I like how the film looks, as it gives a sort of Francis Ford Coppola-vibe from back when he made the Godfather movies. I do hope this plays somewhere near me as it does look very promising.            

Jersey Boys: Next up is the trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of the musical Jersey Boys. Now, normally, I do like musicals, which I honestly used to hate. However, nothing about this trailer screams "Go see this!". I don't know why that is. I'm guessing I'm just getting similar vibes to the upcoming James Brown biopic Get On Up, or that the film just doesn't look that interesting to me. Who knows, but I just know I'm not going to rush out to see it. Even though the film does have Christopher Walken, who you can never go wrong with.



A Most Wanted Man: Next is the trailer for the indie pic A Most Wanted Man starring the late great Philip Seymour Hoffman. Not only would I see this because it would be one of my last opportunities to see a film
with Philip Seymour Hoffman along with The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, which I already know I'm seeing, but the film looks very good. It deals with a Chechen Muslim who ends up caught in an international war on terror and his true identity of either victim or extremist is trying to be discovered. This film is also based on a novel made by John Le Carre who wrote Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and I loved the film adaptation of that. Hopefully, this plays somewhere near me.


Neighbors: Finally, is the upcoming raunchy comedy Neighbors starring Seth Rogen and Zac Efron. It actually took me a while to watch the actual trailer for this film, and before I finally did, I only saw commercial ads for it. But, now that I have seen the trailer, my interest in this film slowly increased. Much like Sex Tape, I'm definitely not expecting an Oscar contender with this movie, but just something to have fun with and this movie definitely looks fun. I am a pretty big Seth Rogen fan and I honestly haven't really seen anything by Zac Efron, not even High School Musical, but he looks pretty funny in this. This is a tentative one for me because I may want to conserve on my movie theater budget now that the summer movie season is around the corner.


So, that was my newest episode of Trailer Talk and if you have seen any of these trailers, please feel free to write your thoughts down in the comments section and my next episode will come up as soon as I see my next film in theaters, which might be Amazing Spider-Man 2, or if I see more new trailers online. Until then, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment