Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Trailer Talk #11 (2014 Blockbuster Editon): Godzilla, Amazing Spider Man 2, Jupiter Ascending, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Maleficent, Divergent

Hello, Bloggers, welcome back to Trailer Talk! Sorry it's been a while since I did an episode, but here is another one. For today's episode, I will discuss blockbusters that will await us in the 2014 movie season, and I must say, it looks to be a very interesting year for movies. Here we go:

Godzilla: The first trailer I will discuss will be the trailer that came out yesterday for the upcoming reboot of Godzilla. Now, I haven't seen any of the other Godzilla films, but watching the trailer for this makes me quite intrigued. It keeps the titular monster in the shadows and the fog, which is pretty neat because it means we'll have to see the film to get a full glimpse of the creature. Plus, the movie has quite an eclectic group of actors, which includes names like Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston, Kick-Ass' Aaron Taylor-Johnson, up-and-comer Elizabeth Olsen, Inception's Ken Watanabe, veteran character actor David Strathairn, The English Patient's Juliette Binoche, and British character actress Sally Hawkins. I hope to check this out in theaters.



Amazing Spider-Man 2: Next up is the trailer for the upcoming sequel involving everyone's favorite Web Slinger: The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Now, I saw the first one and I really liked it, but what makes me excited for this one is not just because of the effects and all, but the new band of actors thrown into the mix: Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper, and Dane DeHaan of True Blood and Chronicle fame. All of whom are amazing actors and I can't wait to see what Jamie Foxx and Paul Giamatti will do with the roles of newly-introduced villains Electro and Rhino. Plus, I'm intrigued to see what Chris Cooper and Dane DeHaan will do with the new film incarnations of Norman and Harry Osborn. Hope to see it in theaters.



Jupiter Ascending: Next up is the trailer for a film that is a more original concept, known as Jupiter Ascending, which stars Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, and Sean Bean of Game of Thrones fame. Now, for those of you who haven't heard of the film or have seen the trailer but don't know much about what it's about, here is the synopsis: Set in a futuristic world where there is another world of more evolved humans who are able to splice their DNA with animal DNA. One soldier named Caine (Tatum), who is half-man half-wolf, is sent by the Queen of the Universe to kill a poor woman named Jupiter (Kunis) who is said to be a threat to the Queen's rule, but Caine ends up protecting her. The trailer doesn't give a whole lot away, but I am still intrigued by the whole premise of the film and to see the new world that the Wachowskis of The Matrix and Cloud Atlas fame have created. Hope to see it in theaters.


X-Men: Days of Future Past: Next up is another sequel and one that I am really excited for, and that is X-Men: Days of Future Past. Even though they have only shown a teaser trailer, which doesn't reveal a whole lot, I am still quite pumped for it. One reason is not just because they have the band of actors from X-Men: First Class, but even the original band of actors from the original X-Men series that includes Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Anna Paquin. Plus, the action scenes and effects look great and it looks to be faithful to the "Days of Future Past" storyline from the X-Men comics. Seeing it in theaters!



Maleficent: Next up is the trailer for the upcoming re-imagining of Sleeping Beauty known as Maleficent, which revolves around the titular villain and her backstory. Even though the teaser trailer that was revealed doesn't show a whole lot, what is selling me on this film is the star herself, Ms. Angelina Jolie. I have a feeling she is just going to inhale this role and give us a villain that is as menacing as the original Dracula. It'll be her return to the big screen in four years, and it looks to be a marvelous return. Hope to see this in theaters.


Divergent: Lastly, is the trailer for the upcoming film adaptation of the first book in a Young Adult series known as Divergent. Now, I have actually yet to read the books, and I watched the trailer before my Dad and I got the books on my Kindle, but the trailer does look very solid. Doesn't seem to give too much away, but doesn't hide too much. One of the things that the trailer actually sold me on was Kate Winslet, who plays the film's antagonist. When I was watching her, I sort of thought to myself "She's going to be very good", which of course isn't surprising because as many of us know, she's a magnificent actress. So, if the book is any good, then I will definitely check it out in theaters.


So, that was an episode of Trailer Talk, and you can check out all the trailers that I reviewed on this post. Hope you enjoy those and until the next episode, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment