Thursday, March 17, 2016

Topic Of The Day: 5 Actors On Han Solo Shortlist


The search for the next Han Solo is slowly coming to an end. They have announced 5 actors that are supposedly on the final shortlist and I have to say, it isn't a shabby list. Two of the names I haven't seen on screen, but that might change.



                               


One name on the list is Alden Ehrenreich from Hail, Caesar! and Beautiful Creatures. He's a terrific young actor and he was one of the best things about Hail, Caesar!. Because of how humorous he was in that film, I'm curious as to whether he can pull off the rather cocky humor required for Han Solo. 


Next is Blake Jenner from Glee. I haven't seen Glee so I can't really comment on his acting abilities. But something about him as Han Solo doesn't quite gel with me and I can't figure out why.



Next is Irish actor Jack Reynor from Transformers: Age of Extinction. He's also done some smaller indie films from Ireland like What Richard Did from Lenny Abrahamson who just guided Brie Larson to a Best Actress win for Room. I haven't seen his work, but I think he could snag the role. One reason is because he bears a slight resemblance to a young Harrison Ford. He's also likely within their price range since, judging by who they have on their shortlist, they want an unknown for the role. 
    

















Lastly are my top two picks for the role: Taron Egerton and Jack O'Connell. If it were between those two, it would probably be O'Connell. While Egerton's slate is looking full with the upcoming Kingsman sequel and a Robin Hood origin film, O'Connell's slate is looking more free. Apparently, he was closer to landing a role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. So couple that with his open schedule and likely affordability since he isn't quite established yet, I can definitely picture him snagging the role.

What do you guys think? Do you like the list of actors being considered? Please be sure to write your thoughts in the comments section. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment