Monday, February 25, 2013

2013 Oscar Winner Reactions


So, now that the Academy Award winners were announced at the ceremony last night, I figured I'd now post my reactions of the winners, and to how Seth MacFarlane did as host:

Best Picture:

While I was rooting for Silver Linings Playbook, even though the odds of it winning were VERY slim, I knew Argo was gonna win it. Although I haven't seen the film yet, I did enjoy Ben Affleck's acceptance speech. I'd say his words of wisdom are something I'll take with me as I try to become a writer. So, congrats Ben and congrats to Argo. *Note: Once I see Argo, I will post a review for it.

Best Director:

Ang Lee winning Best Director was a complete surprise, but I still liked that it was a surprise. It did seem like Steven Spielberg was gonna win, but I was happy with the outcome, even though I haven't seen Life of Pi yet.

Best Actor:

Like I said when I made my predictions, I knew it was Day-Lewis' Oscar from the getgo. I was a bit letdown, but to be fair, I haven't seen Lincoln, so I can't really decide whether he truly deserved the Oscar yet. But, I'll watch it one of these days when it comes out on DVD.

Best Actress:

Now, this is probably the category where I was the most happy with the winner, because the Oscar went to Ms. Jennifer Lawrence, as I hoped :)

Best Supporting Actor:

Christoph Waltz winning wasn't too much of a surprise, but I didn't mind, as I enjoyed his performance and was rooting for him to win. After his second Oscar win for starring in a Tarantino film, I envision he and Tarantino having a Burton-Depp-type filmmaking bond.

Best Supporting Actress:

Like with Day-Lewis, I knew the Best Supporting Actress Oscar was Hathaway's from the getgo. But she deserved it because she completely blew me away with the limited amount of screentime she had.

Best Original Screenplay:

Tarantino rightfully won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, and still proves he is one of the most unique screenwriters in Hollywood. Keep writing, Quentin!

Best Adapted Screenplay:

Now, I'll be honest, while I did have a feeling O. Russell was going to win the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay, I'll admit that Chris Terrio had a slighter edge to win his screenplay for Argo. Like I said, I haven't seen Argo yet, so I can't really decide whether he truly deserved it or not.

Other:

I loved that Brave won Best Animated Feature and Skyfall won Best Original Song. Plus, I thought Seth MacFarlane did a terrific job with hosting the Oscars. I know he had some people polarized, but I thought he did a fine job.





No comments:

Post a Comment